Search & Win

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My first shopping trip of 2010


I stopped by The Dollar Tree today and picked up 6 copies of the newspaper. I was so excited about the Electrasol Q that I couldn't contain myself! So, first stop I spent $7.63, (I also bought a box of sweet & low.) With all of my coupons in hand, I headed over to Walgreens where I did several transactions using just coupons from today's paper with the exception of 1 item.

I purchased 2 Reach Total Care toothbrushes (2 pk's) for 3.99 each
1 Electrasol *bonus pack!!!* 3.99
1 Bayer Contour meter 14.99
2 Stayfree maxis 36 ct 6.29 each

I used $30 Bayer Meter RP 10/25 (adjusted to $14.99) $5.00 RR (5.00 profit!)
$2.50 Electrasol Dishwasher Detergent SS 1/3 $1.00 RR (makes it free!)
B1G1 Reach toothbrush RP 1/3 + $2 off w/ in-ad coupon (comes off twice)
B1G1 Stayfree pads RP 1/3 + $3 off w/ in-ad coupon (comes off twice)

Total out of pocket (OOP) for first transaction $3.88

I did this similar transaction a few more times, increasing my OOP costs a bit more than I wanted to but I left with quite a haul, including 2 gallons of Barbers milk & Neutrogena shampoo that never has a coupon) spending a total of $21.06 BUT earning back $25.00 RR for the day. I will probably take those over to Publix to spend later this week for grocery money.

TOTAL SPENT IN 2010: $28.69 TOTAL SAVED: $367.68 % OF SAVINGS: 92%

5 comments:

  1. Farrah, Amy shared your blog address with me and I am so glad she did! You are awesome girl! How do the newspapers at the Dollar Tree work? Do they always have the coupons in them for $1??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    This is the first time in quite a while that I bought the newspaper there, but the inserts were SO good this week, I knew I needed more! You need to get there early, right after church if you can. I checked each paper before I purchased them and they were all fine. Thanks for checking it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farrah,
    I know what OOP and B1G1 mean, but what does RR & RP mean and what does 10/25 or 1/3 mean. I think you are awesome and I need training and motivation. I need to come to class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AWESOME!!! I started couponing last summer and it was a bust. I went to Food World on double coupon day and expected to get several things for free, only to reach the register and find they double coupons only up to $.50. So, I was bummed for a while and figured it wasn't worth all of the hassle. You have inspired me to try again over the last few months and I'm being more careful this time. Good results so far. Not at Farrah-level yet, but getting there. This is totally like the Proverbs 31 woman! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. kroegerfamily4 (Kristie)

    Hey! RP means Red Plum (newspaper insert) RR is a Register Reward (earned at Walgreens) and the dates represent the week that the coupon I'm speaking of came out in the newspaper. If you want, get a group of girlfriends together and I will come to your home or church and teach a class for you!

    ReplyDelete