Search & Win

Saturday, January 30, 2010

How Much I Saved In January

As you may know, I have challenged myself to spend $40.00 or less per week on groceries/toiletries/diapers, etc...I wanted to give you a total of *cash in hand* what our family saved this month.

2 $5.00 SC Johnson rebates
1 $21.00 Rite Aid Single Check Rebate
$185.00 Cash

Total Saved $216.00

I didn't come in right on target this month...on paper. I spent a little more for things that we needed, but when the rebates continue to come in I will have spent less than $40.00 per week. I guess I'm kind of on a "flexible spending plan." I know that this month, I have sent off several rebates that total more than $100.00. One thing I have done to try to put that money into our savings account (instead of letting in dwindle away) is by getting cash back at the register every week when I do my Publix shopping. If my total is $34.00, I get $64.00 back, trying not to go over $40.00 and putting the remaining $60.00 into an envelope to deposit at the end of the month. Just an idea, maybe that will work for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment