Search & Win

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taking a break from eating out. Are you in?

Our family has accepted the challenge that was put out by Kristen over at Couponing to Disney. I didn't officially sign up on her site but we are challenging ourselves and I'm telling you...it's the end of day 3 and we. are. dying! I mean, I want Taco Bell, I am dreaming of Chic-Fil-A, everything that I normally wouldn't think about, I can't get out of my head. It's much worse than starting a diet because instead of moderation it's 31 days of deprivation.
So, who wants to join us? :) I'm sure that I have made this sound so fascinating that you are ready to jump in right now! Though we spend less than $20.00 (more like $15.00 on average) a week on eating out I will post on how much we do spend/save this month by eating at home. BTW, Justin already cracked and ate out for breakfast yesterday. $3.15. Don't worry, we didn't take this lying down! The kids were actually pretty hard on him, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Way back, some years ago, a friend and I planned a trip to England for vacation. She makes a lot more money than I, so to save up, I cut way back on eating out. Couldn't believe how much I saved. And the habit has continued to this day. Don't go out nearly as often as I did. And I make my lunch for work everyday. Pretty much cuts out all the fast food and it's better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.15!!! The whole family could have eaten at home for less than that!! What was he thinking!?! Has he gone completely mad!?! Oh wait. Maybe it's me that's gone completely mad. Sorry.

    Anyway...Schyler and I probably do go plenty of months without eating out, but Brandon would die! I'll have to run it by him. I'll have my camera handy to catch the look on his face!

    ReplyDelete